- Industry News
Worm Gear Speed Reducers
It is an admitted fact that worm gear mechanism helps us to have energy to a great extent. As we all know that it is the mechanism of a gear to generate force and transfer it from one source to another through some device adjoined with each other.
We owe to the Romans for the invention of it. Now with the aid of it we access modern power technology. It'seems there is no such machine sans gear at the present moment.
Gear helps us through a mechanism of rotation between two axes to generate power. Thus a gear with the help of rotation following a mechanical theory related to physics transfers speed into power. Gears may be of two sizes, one small and the other large, adjoining each other with the help of teeth. The teeth are interlocked and cause rotation.
There are various gears associated with various machineries to help us. The gears that are used in the watches and clocks are called spur gears that help the machine to function accordingly. If there were no gears we were deprived of moving a watch in a proper manner.
Again the vehicles run too with the help of gears. The gears used in this sector are called Helical Gear and helps to ply a vehicle perfectly. Without the aid of the gear it is not possible for the vehicle to move an inch.
The teeth, we know, play the pivotal part. If the teeth of the two pinions differ in number there may emerge major problem. The ratio of the gear must have to comply; otherwise according to the rule of physics problem is sure to ensue. The theory that works here is that the force input must have equilibrium with the force that is static. In this way the friction caused is adjusted with the ratio of the gear.
If between the two gears one is heavier and the other lighter it is noted that the weight becomes the great factor to cause friction. If the weight seems too heavy the rotation of the gears may be hampered causing inconvenience to move the machine with which they are attached.
If the question of helical gear and Spur gear comes it must be brooded that the there is basic difference in teeth. The teeth are in a twisted form or in a straight form. It is the action of the helical gear to radiate motion between two shafts. Whereas the bevel gear has teeth based on conical surface. The shafts are never parallel and intersected sharply in an angle.
We cannot but explain another gear in this context. It is the hypoid gear that is used in moving a vehicle. It is attached to the part called differential. The action of the gear is connected with the axle that is at the extreme end of a vehicle.
With the rotation of it the vehicle moves and the mechanism is intact. Again, there is another gear called the worm gear most likely to resemble a screw that is used to transfer motion to two different shafts.
- Permissible horsepower loading (05/04/2018)
- Fundamentals of Electric Motor Drives (05/04/2018)
- Electric motors (21/04/2018)
- Hydraulic vs. Electromechanical Actuators (21/04/2018)
- How to Size a Gear Reducer (27/03/2018)
- The Applications of Electric Motor (27/03/2018)
- Advantages and disadvantages of different types of gears (01/09/2018)
- How to Select a Gearmotors (01/10/2019)
- A worm gear is a device that transfers force to another device via rotation mechanism (27/03/2018)
- What are Brushless DC Motors (31/05/2019)
- Gearbox Motors vs Integrated Gearmotors (16/04/2008)
- AC or DC? brushed DC or brushless DC Gear Motor? (24/04/2008)
- The facts about Worm Gear (26/03/2018)
- The application of the Worm Gears (26/03/2018)
- The World of Planetary Gears (26/03/2018)
- How a Speed Reducer Works (17/03/2018)
- How to Select a Speed Reducer for Your Next Design or Project (17/03/2018)
- What does it mean when a motor or gearbox is “servo rated?” (13/03/2018)
- What is a planetary gearbox? (13/03/2018)
- Advantages & Disadvantages of AC power and DC power (08/03/2018)